Should You Mount Your New Flat Screen Or Place It On A TV Stand?
One of the first things you will need to determine when you purchase a new flat screen TV for your home or office is whether you want to mount it on the wall or place it on a TV stand. There are pros and cons to both, depending on your individual needs.
What To Consider When Mounting Your TV
Mounting your TV to the wall is an excellent way to save floor space. To determine if mounting is best, ask: What is the purpose of this TV? Will it be for daily family use, a home theater, restaurant or lobby viewing, watching TV, or displaying presentations? Once you define the primary use, consider what is best for you in terms of the pros and cons below.
- When you mount a flat screen television, you lose the ability to transfer it from one room to another.
- There are a variety of wall mounts to choose from to improve viewing pleasure. This includes flat, tilt, swivel, and some that do multiple features, such as extending from the wall a foot or so and swiveling.
- Flat panel TVs are heavy, so for utmost safety, they must be installed in a load bearing location and in a manner that hides the wires and cords.
- Having your TV installed by a professional eliminates the risk of the TV falling, tipping, and tripping and greatly reduces the likelihood of it getting scratched by kids, pets, or daily wear and tear.
What To consider With TV Stands
If a TV stand seems to be a better fit, consider the factors below.
- It is easier to redecorate your home when you use a TV stand and easier to move your wireless TV from room to room or even outside.
- Your stand makes it easier to hide wires and cords.
- TV stands that are large enough to accommodate your flat panel take up a lot of space.
- Some stands are decoratively designed to hide the TV when not in use.
- Flat panels are large and heavy, and when not securely mounted to a wall, are at an increased risk to tip over. This is especially true if you have kids and pets.
You may have several TVs in your home, some mounted and some on a stand. If you live in the Lawrenceville, GA or around the metro Atlanta area and need an experienced professional to mount your new or existing television securely, call Telly Wall Install.